- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
From the Pan-American Highway, take the road signed for Cuajiniquil, 43 km (26 miles) northwest of Liberia and 8 km (5 miles) north of Santa Rosa National Park. Follow the paved road 14 km (8 miles) to the beach turnoff, along a dirt road for another 4 km (2½ miles). From the Bahía Salinas area, take the scenic dirt road (4WD recommended); then follow the road near Puerto Soley (signed for Cuajiniquil) 7 km (4½ miles) to the beach entrance. It's about 30 minutes from the Pan-American turnoff and one hour from Bahía Salinas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's