- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Kitesurfing and Windsurfing
Kite Surfing School. Ideally situated on windy Playa Papaturro (11 km/7 mi west of La Cruz, turn left at sign for Papaturro), this kitesurfing school is run by Nicola Bertoldi, a multilingual instructor with lots of experience; nine hours of beginner's kitesurfing private lessons cost $319, including equipment. But the best deals are all-inclusive packages that include lessons, lodging, and meals at the school's Blue Dream Hotel, on a ridge with ocean views. The hotel also has a wood-oven pizzeria. Bahía Salinas. 8826–5221 or 2676–1042. www.bluedreamhotel.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe