- Adventure sports Snorkel among colorful fish, get muddy on mountain adventures, and zip through treetops near Jacó and Manuel Antonio.
- Fishing Deep-sea fishing at Quepos, Jacó, or Herradura gives a chance to hook a sailfish, marlin, wahoo, or yellowfin tuna.
- Nature and wildlife Explore the seaside forest and see sloths, iguanas, agoutis, monkeys, and 350 species of birds at Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Sunsets Whether you view it from the beach or while sipping hilltop cocktails in Manuel Antonio, this region has some of the country's best venues for watching the sunset.
- Surfing This is Costa Rica's surf central. Jacó and Playa Hermosa swarm with surfers, from beginners to pros.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More