- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Costa Rica Ríos. This outfitter specializes in weeklong rafting, kayaking, and canoeing excursions on the Pacuare and Pejibaye rivers, with rafter to guide ratios of no more than 5:1. 50 m north of central park, Turrialba, 30501. 2556–8664 or 888/434–0776. www.costaricarios.com.
Loco's Tropical Tours. Local outfitter Loco's can fix you up with all your area rafting needs on the Pacuare and Reventazón rivers with a maximum of five rafters to one guide. Turrialba, 30501. 2556–6035. www.whiteh2o.com.
Ríos Tropicales. Long-established outfitter Ríos Tropicales begins and ends its Pacuare and Reventazón white-water excursions in San José with the option to overnight on the Pacuare. Rafter-to-guide ratios don't exceed 5:1. 50 m. north of Centro Colón, Paseo Colón, San José, 10103. 2233–6455; 866/722–8273 in North America.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe