- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
For the 30-minute trip from downtown San José, head north on Calle Central 4 km (2½ miles) to the central park in Tibás; continue 100 meters and turn left. Follow this road another 2½ km (1¼ miles) to Santo Domingo. From the west end of Paseo Colón, turn right onto the Pan-American Highway (aka the Carretera General Cañas), then right off the highway just before it heads onto an overpass, after the Hotel Irazú (on the right). Keep to this road for about 2 km (1 mile) to the first intersection after it becomes one-way. Turn right at the lights, continue 3 km (2 miles), passing INBioparque, until the road Ts; a left here brings you into town. One of the Heredia bus routes leaves from Calle 1, Avenidas 7–9 every three to five minutes and passes through Santo Domingo.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's