- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
At a Glance
- tranquil setting
- comfortable common areas
- lovely patio
- friendly owners
- can be difficult to find
- 3 out of 5 rooms have shared bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Rainforest Dreams Review
While it may not actually be in the rain forest, this small inn at the end of a residential street is a great get-away-from-it-all place that still puts you close enough to the action. Bright cheery rooms each employ a different Costa Rican theme using artistic accents supplied by a frequent guest. (His wares also populate a small on-site gift shop.) For a bit more privacy, two larger rooms are removed from the main house and front the adjoining patio. That plant-filled patio makes a wonderful place to return at the end of the day—or it may tempt you to linger after the ample breakfast served here—with birds fluttering and even a family of resident iguanas in the trees. (The latter stay outside the patio area.) A pleasant sitting room, and, of course, accommodating owners round out the offerings.
- Address: From Saretto supermarket 100 m east, 100 m north, 300 m east, Los Anonos de Escazú, Escazú, 10203
- Phone: 2289–6087; 888/215–8710 in North America
- Website: www.rainforestdreamscostarica.com
- Location: Escazú
- 5 rooms, 2 with private bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
We are flying into Liberia in mid April and we have 9 full days in Costa Rica with an 8 year old and a 3 year old. Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more