- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- tranquil setting
- comfortable common areas
- lovely patio
- friendly owners
- can be difficult to find
- 3 out of 5 rooms have shared bathrooms
Rainforest Dreams Review
While it may not actually be in the rain forest, this small inn at the end of a residential street is a great get-away-from-it-all place that still puts you close enough to the action. Bright cheery rooms each employ a different Costa Rican theme using artistic accents supplied by a frequent guest. (His wares also populate a small on-site gift shop.) For a bit more privacy, two larger rooms are removed from the main house and front the adjoining patio. That plant-filled patio makes a wonderful place to return at the end of the day—or it may tempt you to linger after the ample breakfast served here—with birds fluttering and even a family of resident iguanas in the trees. (The latter stay outside the patio area.) A pleasant sitting room, and, of course, accommodating owners round out the offerings.
- Address: From Saretto supermarket 100 m east, 100 m north, 300 m east, Los Anonos de Escazú, Escazú, 10203
- Phone: 2289–6087; 888/215–8710 in North America
- Website: www.rainforestdreamscostarica.com
- Location: Escazú
- 5 rooms, 2 with private bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Diving amongst a vast school of hammerhead sharks in the Cocos Island of Costa Rica is accessible to experienced scuba divers or to the general traveller aboard a dive submersible. Read more
Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. Read more
I am having a difficult time deciding on an itinerary for our 8 days in costa rica. Read more
· News & Features
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Costa Rica's main draws are firmly rooted in its landscapes—rainforests, beaches, mountains, and... Read more