- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
At a Glance
- excellent value
- beautiful grounds
- attention to sustainable tourism
- luxurious suites
- small, one-room spa
- standard-room bathrooms could use a little upgrading
Check Rates from our Partners
Casa Turire Review
Lush gardens and manicured lawns surround this gorgeous, hacienda-style, luxury hotel overlooking a scenic lake. From the royal palms that line the driveway to the patterned tile floors and art nouveau flourishes above the windows and doors, Casa Turire is an exercise in attention to detail. High-ceiling guest rooms have hardwood floors, elegantly upholstered furniture, sumptuous drapes and bedcovers on the queen or king beds, and bright, tiled bathrooms with tubs. Balconies look onto the lake or the beautifully landscaped pool area. The soaring plant-filled atrium is a civilized spot in which to relax after a day's adventure, or you can curl up in a leather chair in the library, or try out the pool table in the sitting room with an adjoining full-service bar. The restaurant offers exquisite faux finishes and trompe-l'oeil murals and serves sophisticated dinners that are surprisingly reasonably priced. The extensive breakfast buffet is excellent, too. If you hanker after even more luxury, the newly redecorated suites are exceptional, with Jacuzzi tubs, hydro showers, flat-screen TVs, and private terraces. The two-story master suite has a wraparound balcony. New, groomed trails around the lake offer pleasant shaded walks and bird-watching opportunities, and kayaks are available for paddling on the lake.
- Address: 8 km (5 miles) south on Carretera a la Suiza from Turrialba, Turrialba, 30502 | Map It
- Phone: 2531–1111; 877/750–6855 in North America
- Website: www.hotelcasaturire.com
- Location: Turrialba
- 12 standard rooms, 3 suites, 1 master suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
My family is considering a trip to Costa Rica from April 18-26th and I am a bit concerned about the Easter rush (not to mention the high prices). Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo,... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more