- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Río Perlas Spa & Resort
At a Glance
- springs nice to bask in after a day of sightseeing
- gorgeous river setting
- trout fishing
- basic rooms
- not much peace and quiet during special events
Check Rates from our Partners
Río Perlas Spa & Resort Review
Thermal springs fill one of the pools at this Mediterranean-style spa hotel squeezed into a small, lush valley beside a rushing river, but the place has a condo-community feeling, with a driveway running the length of the property and the rooms divided among many smaller buildings. Rooms are pleasant but not especially luxurious, with tile floors, wood ceilings, and slightly dated hotel-style furniture. Ask for one of the more interesting wooden cabins at the back of the property. There is a replica of the Orosi church here, too, where weddings are held. The main event is the full-service spa, with tempting combination packages that will keep you pampered for an entire day.
- Address: 6 km (3 miles) south of Paraíso, turn right at bridge, then 2½ km (1½ miles); look for large sign, Orosi, 30203 | Map It
- Phone: 2533–3341; 800/286–2922 in North America
- Website: www.rioperlasspaandresort.com
- Location: The Orosi Valley
- 69 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
We are flying into Liberia in mid April and we have 9 full days in Costa Rica with an 8 year old and a 3 year old. Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more