At a Glance
- classy service
- panoramic views
- excellent value for price
- lower-floor rooms lose out on the view
- little to do within walking distance
Check Rates from our Partners
The view from this hotel perched on a hillside above Santa Ana is impressive, but so is the building itself with its colonial and modern style—think archways, hardwoods, and leather. Guest rooms are spacious, with hand-crafted furniture and bathrooms with hand-painted tiles; ask for one on the fourth or fifth floor to take advantage of the view. The restaurant, La Luz ($$$), has plenty of windows for admiring the distant hills and the pool and gardens below. The eclectic and unusual menu includes rack of lamb with organic coffee sauce and Caribbean-style sea bass with coconut-milk sauce.
- Address: 2½ km (1½ miles) west of Paco shopping center, on old road between Santa Ana and Escazú, Alto de las Palomas, Santa Ana, 10903 | Map It
- Phone: /2282–4160; 888/388–2582
- Website: www.thealtahotel.com
- Location: Santa Ana
- 18 rooms, 5 suites
- Rate includes breakfast.