- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Doubletree by Hilton San José
At a Glance
- close to both San José and the airport
- tricky car access
- close to busy highway
Check Rates from our Partners
Doubletree by Hilton San José Review
This low-rise hotel was the metro area's original luxury hotel, and it remains popular for its excellent service and out-of-town location. Just off the busy General Cañas Highway, about halfway between San José and the international airport, the Cariari is surrounded by thick vegetation that buffers it from traffic noise. Spacious, carpeted guest rooms in back overlook the pool area. The relaxed poolside bar, with cane chairs and colorful tablecloths, and nearby casino, are popular spots. Overall, it feels slightly more low-key and less grandiose than the nearby Marriott. Note that this place was formerly called the Meliá Cariari, and many still refer to it by that name.
- Address: Autopista General Cañas, ½ km/¼ mile east of intersection for San Antonio de Belén, Cariari, San Antonio de Belén, 40702
- Phone: 2239-0022; 800/222-8733 in North America
- Website: www.hilton.com
- Location: San Antonio de Belén
- 198 rooms, 24 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Costa Rica All-Inclusive Beach Hotel, Save 55% Riu Hotels & Resorts
- $933 & up -- Costa Rica: 7 Nts. w/Hotel, Car Rental & Air LatinEscapes.com
- $999 -- Panama Canal 14-Night Cruise, $200 Off Norwegian Cruise Line
Just got back from a 11 day Costa Rica trip. Read more
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
I have never been to Costa Rica before but am planning a trip for myself and 2 kids (11 and 16 at that time). Read more
· News & Features
Costa Rica's main draws are firmly rooted in its landscapes—rainforests, beaches, mountains, and... Read more
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more