- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Doubletree by Hilton San José
At a Glance
- close to both San José and the airport
- tricky car access
- close to busy highway
Check Rates from our Partners
Doubletree by Hilton San José Review
This low-rise hotel was the metro area's original luxury hotel, and it remains popular for its excellent service and out-of-town location. Just off the busy General Cañas Highway, about halfway between San José and the international airport, the Cariari is surrounded by thick vegetation that buffers it from traffic noise. Spacious, carpeted guest rooms in back overlook the pool area. The relaxed poolside bar, with cane chairs and colorful tablecloths, and nearby casino, are popular spots. Overall, it feels slightly more low-key and less grandiose than the nearby Marriott. Note that this place was formerly called the Meliá Cariari, and many still refer to it by that name.
- Address: Autopista General Cañas, ½ km/¼ mile east of intersection for San Antonio de Belén, Cariari, San Antonio de Belén, 40702
- Phone: 2239–0022; 800/222–8733 in North America
- Website: www.hilton.com
- Location: San Antonio de Belén
- 198 rooms, 24 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Diving amongst a vast school of hammerhead sharks in the Cocos Island of Costa Rica is accessible to experienced scuba divers or to the general traveller aboard a dive submersible. Read more
Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. Read more
We will be in Costa Rica for 2 weeks between the end of January and the beginning of February.
We tried to plan a bit the itinerary and we came to this:
1: First night in San Jose, we will arrive Read more
· News & Features
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Costa Rica's main draws are firmly rooted in its landscapes—rainforests, beaches, mountains, and... Read more