- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Restaurant 1910 Review
Decorated with vintage photos of early-20th-century buildings and landscapes, this upscale restaurant also documents the disastrous 1910 earthquake that rocked this area and all but destroyed the colonial capital of Cartago. The menu is predominantly Costa Rican, with such traditional specialties as trucha (trout) and rice with chicken, along with some more-sophisticated dishes, like corvina (sea bass) fillet with a coconut liqueur sauce. The Sunday típico buffet is a great introduction to Costa Rican cooking.
- Address: Road to Parque Nacional Volcán Irazú, 300 m north of Cot–Pacayas turnoff, Volcán Irazú National Park, 30101
- Phone: 2536–6063
- Location: Volcán Irazú
- No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more