- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
To reach Alajuela, follow directions to San Antonio de Belén. Continue west on the highway past the San Antonio turnoff and turn right at the airport. Buses travel between San José (Avda. 2, Cs. 12–14, opposite north side of Parque La Merced), the airport, and Alajuela, and run every five minutes from 4:40 am to 10:30 pm. The bus stop in Alajuela is 400 meters west, 25 meters north of the central park (C. 3 and Avda. 1). Buses leave San José for Zoo Ave from La Merced church (C. 14 and Avda. 4) daily at 8, 9, 10, 11 am, and noon, returning on the hour from 10 am to 3 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's