- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Playa de los Artistas
Playa de los Artistas Review
Driftwood tables scattered along the rocky beach make this one of the most scenic, as well as one of the best, restaurants in the country, specializing in trendy Mediterranean-style seafood, meat dishes, and pizza for almost 20 years now. The decor is funky and artsy, even in the bathrooms, and every guest gets a warm welcome, thanks to the chef's gracious wife, Daniela. The restaurant is most spectacular at night, when flickering lanterns combine with crashing surf to create a dramatic and romantic dinner experience. Dishes are delicious, portions are plentiful and artistically presented on huge platters. The eclectic menu changes daily, and on weekends, Italian owner/chef Nicola fires up the barbecue. Meals are accompanied with freshly baked, savory focaccia. Don't pass up the velvety, dark-chocolate tart if it's on the dessert menu.
- Address: 275 m south of town, near Los Mangos Hotel, Montezuma, 60111
- Phone: 2642–0920
- Location: Montezuma
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun., no lunch except Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more