- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Los Sueños Marriott Ocean and Golf Resort
At a Glance
- impeccable grounds
- kids' club
- so-so rooms and service
- beach can be dirty
- no concierge
Check Rates from our Partners
Los Sueños Marriott Ocean and Golf Resort Review
This mammoth multimillion-dollar resort in a palatial colonial-style building has a gorgeous view of Herradura Bay and combines modern amenities with traditional Central American decorative motifs, such as barrel-tile roofing and hand-painted tiles. Rooms here, though attractive and some of the country's most expensive, are nothing special compared with those at smaller hotels in the same price range. They have marble baths, wooden furniture, and tiny balconies. Be sure to get one with an ocean view, or you'll be contemplating condos. An enormous pool with islands and swim-up bars, a Ted Robinson golf course called La Iguana, a modern marina, zip lining, and various diversions are designed to keep you on-site and entertained.
- Address: 800 m west of road to Jacó from San José, follow signs at entrance of road to Playa Herradura, Playa Herradura, 61101 | Map It
- Phone: 2630-9000; 888/236-2427 in North America; 2298-0000 in San José
- Website: www.marriott.com
- Location: Playa Herradura
- 191 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $95 -- Luxe Costa Rica Thermal Resort, Save 45% BookIt.com
- $99 -- Costa Rica All-Inclusive Beach Hotel, Save 55% Riu Hotels & Resorts
- $933 & up -- Costa Rica: 7 Nts. w/Hotel, Car Rental & Air LatinEscapes.com
- $999 -- Panama Canal 14-Night Cruise, $200 Off Norwegian Cruise Line
Just got back from a 11 day Costa Rica trip. Read more
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
It's that time again for our bi-annual GTG at Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica. Read more
· News & Features
Costa Rica's main draws are firmly rooted in its landscapes—rainforests, beaches, mountains, and... Read more
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more