- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Costa Verde
At a Glance
- great ocean views
- studios and Building D efficiencies a good value
- most efficiencies suffer road noise
- no beach access
- service inconsistent
Hotel Costa Verde Review
You're likely to see monkeys, iguanas, and all kinds of birds on the forest trails surrounding these varied accommodations, some are scattered with screened walls that let the breeze through, some with kitchens and ocean views, one converted from a Boeing 727 fuselage. Adult-only studios are spacious, with large balconies; those in the other buildings are smaller but are air-conditioned. Three fully equipped bungalows are available for groups of up to six. The cheaper "efficiencies" are a mixed lot—only those in Building D, in the jungle overlooking the sea, are recommended; Buildings B and C aren't. The hotel's Anaconda Restaurant is excellent. The dinner-only La Cantina, across the street, serves good grilled meats and seafood, and has live music.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more