- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Ylang-Ylang Beach Resort
At a Glance
- gorgeous, natural setting
- great restaurant
- Ocean-view tent cabins offer limited privacy
- some rooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Ylang-Ylang Beach Resort Review
Secluded and serene, this tropical resort with a holistic slant, a 10-minute beach walk from town, nestles between the sea and a lush forest. The geodesic-dome bungalows here are snug but charming, with outdoor showers and terraces. Some have ocean views and cozy loft sleeping areas. Facing the beach, a three-story building has two-story suites with balconies, and simple but colorful standard rooms below. Rustic "ocean-view tent cabins"—large tents with beds and decks—offer a back-to-nature experience, but they share bathrooms. There's also a new treetop canopy cabin, complete with kitchen, on a platform high up in the trees; it's perfect for honeymooners. The grounds are covered with trees that hold iguanas, howler monkeys, tricolor squirrels, and an array of birds. Adding to the romance is a jungle-fringed pool with a waterfall. Yoga classes and spa services are offered, and a restaurant with tables under the stars serves some of the tastiest fusion dishes in Montezuma. Much of the electricity used here is solar generated.
- Address: 700 m north of school in Montezuma, Montezuma, 60111
- Phone: 2642–0636; 888/795–8494 in North America
- Website: www.ylangylangresort.com
- Location: Montezuma
- 3 rooms, 3 suites, 8 bungalows, 6 ocean-view tent cabins, 1 treetop canopy cabin.
- Rate includes some meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more