- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Punta Leona Hotel & Club
At a Glance
- ample beachfront
- lots of variety in activities
- range of accommodation options
- far from town
- spotty service
- accommodation geared to standard comfort rather than luxury
- not a good option if you crave seclusion
Check Rates from our Partners
Punta Leona Hotel & Club Review
This 740-acre private reserve and resort community with hotel-style rooms, apartments, and chalets is an odd and sometimes overwhelming mix of residential development, vacation spot, and natural attractions—including three beaches and a tropical forest. Punta Leona (Lion's Point) also contains everything from restaurants and pools to a grocery store and church, plus plenty of amusements, including a zip-line tour, tennis court, mini golf course, a butterfly farm, and guided bird-watching hikes. Frequent shuttles travel between the rooms, restaurants, and beaches. Hotel guests, home owners, and time-share members contribute to crowded beaches on weekends, especially in the dry season, when this place can be a bit of a zoo.
- Address: 15 km (9 miles) south of Tárcoles on west side of road to Jacó, Tárcoles, 61102
- Phone: 2630–1000; 2231–3131 in San José; 888/301–9473 in North America
- Website: www.hotelpuntaleona.com
- Location: Between Tárcoles and Playa Herradura
- 108 rooms, 13 suites, 27 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Going to Costa Rica April 8th-17...Definitly doing Pacuare river rafting, and want to do Puerto Viejo/Cahuita and possibly Tortuguero depending on the turtles...this is the big question; I've just see Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more