- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Punta Leona Hotel & Club
At a Glance
- ample beachfront
- lots of variety in activities
- range of accommodation options
- far from town
- spotty service
- accommodation geared to standard comfort rather than luxury
- not a good option if you crave seclusion
Check Rates from our Partners
Punta Leona Hotel & Club Review
This 740-acre private reserve and resort community with hotel-style rooms, apartments, and chalets is an odd and sometimes overwhelming mix of residential development, vacation spot, and natural attractions—including three beaches and a tropical forest. Punta Leona (Lion's Point) also contains everything from restaurants and pools to a grocery store and church, plus plenty of amusements, including a zip-line tour, tennis court, mini golf course, a butterfly farm, and guided bird-watching hikes. Frequent shuttles travel between the rooms, restaurants, and beaches. Hotel guests, home owners, and time-share members contribute to crowded beaches on weekends, especially in the dry season, when this place can be a bit of a zoo.
- Address: 15 km (9 miles) south of Tárcoles on west side of road to Jacó, Tárcoles, 61102
- Phone: 2630–1000; 2231–3131 in San José; 888/301–9473 in North America
- Website: www.hotelpuntaleona.com
- Location: Between Tárcoles and Playa Herradura
- 108 rooms, 13 suites, 27 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We returned a couple of weeks ago from a wonderful family trip to Costa Rica and Panama. Read more
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more