- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Quepos is one of the best points of departure for deep-sea fishing in southwestern Costa Rica. The best months for hooking a marlin are from October to February and in May and June, whereas sailfish are abundant from November to May, and are caught year-round. From May to October you're more likely to catch yellowfin tuna, roosterfish, mahimahi, and snapper.
Bluefin Tours. A fleet of 26-, 28-, and 33-foot boatscatch-and-release sportfishing, conventional fishing, and fly-fishing. Full-day charters run $845 to $1,350. Downtown, across from the soccer field, Quepos, 60601. 2777–0000. www.bluefinsportfishing.com.
Costa Mar Fishing. The largest fleet in Quepos has six boats ranging from 25 to 38 feet, and consequently has a wide range of rates. Full-day charters start at $1,000. Entrance to Quepos, next to Café Milagro, Quepos, 60601. 2777–4700. www.costamarsportfishing.net.
Luna Tours Sport Fishing. Half-, three-quarter-, and full-day catch-and-release fly and conventional trips ($850–$1,250 for a full day) with Luna Tours Sport Fishing are available on 28-, 32-, and 33-foot boats. Downtown, next to Best Western Hotel Kamuk, Quepos, 60601. 2777–0725; 727/242–5982 in U.S. www.lunatours.net.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's