- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Few activities are available directly in Playa Herradura, but that doesn't mean you have to settle for less. Most of the area's diverse outfitters can pick you up at your hotel for activities near Jacó and Playa Hermosa. Your hotel's reception desk is often a good source of information.
Costa Rica Dreams. One of the area's oldest and most reputable sportfishing outfitters offers trips to fishing grounds just an hour offshore in calm waters. Los Sueños Marina, Playa Herradura, 61101. 2637–8942; 337/205–0665 in North America. www.costaricadreams.com.
King Tours. A roster of tours includes trips to renowned attractions like Manuel Antonio National Park and Carara National Park, as well as crocodile boat adventures, deep-sea and coastal fishing trips, horseback rides, and canopy tours. The company can also book tours to destinations elsewhere in the country, such as Poás and Arenal volcanoes, Monteverde Cloud Forest, and Isla Tortuga. Main road into Playa Herradura, in front of Los Sueños, Playa Herradura, 61101. 2643–2441; 800/213–7091 in North America. www.kingtours.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's