- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Manuel Antonio is a 15-minute drive over the hill from Quepos and 25 minutes from the Quepos airport. Between SANSA and NatureAir, there are eight flights per day linking San José and Quepos (XQP)—flying time is 20 minutes—as well as direct flights between Quepos and La Fortuna in the Northern Plains and Palmar Sur in the Southern Pacific. Buses depart from San José's Tracopa bus station (Avda. 5, C. 14/16) for Manuel Antonio three times a day, at 6 am, noon, and 6 and 7:30 pm, traveling the opposite direction at 6 and 9:30 am, noon, and 5 pm; they pick up and drop off passengers in front of hotels on the main Quepos–Manuel Antonio road. Shuttle services Gray Line and Interbus offer hotel-to-hotel service to and from San José, Jacó, Monteverde, Arenal, and major North Pacific beaches. The trip from San José takes about 2½ hours by car or 3½ hours by bus. A local public bus makes the 20-minute trip from Quepos to Manuel Antonio every half hour from 7 to 7, then hourly until 10 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's