- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The three white-water rivers in this area have limited seasons. The rains from August to October raise the rivers to their perfect peak.
Adventure Manuel Antonio. Manuel Antonio's original rafting outfitter leads half-day trips down the Naranjo river ($69) and full-day tours down the Savegre river ($98). Naranjo tours can be combined with kayaking in the nearby estuary. Manuel Antonio, 60601. 2777–1084. www.adventuremanuelantonio.com.
H2O Adventures. The Manuel Antonio franchise for Ríos Tropicales, the biggest rafting outfitter in the country, runs kayaking excursions and rafting trips on the Naranjo river ($82). 75 m from Catholic church, Manuel Antonio, 60601. 2777–4092; 888/532–3298 in U.S. www.h2ocr.com.
Rio Naranjo. A short but exciting run on this Class III to IV river requires some experience and can be done only from April to December. Manuel Antonio, 60601.
Rio Parrita. In the dry season this relatively mellow white-water route (Class II to III) can be navigated only in two-person, inflatable duckies. Manuel Antonio, 60601.
Rio Savegre. Two navigable stretches include the lower section (Class II to III), which is a mellow trip perfect for neophytes, and the more rambunctious upper section (Class III to IV). The river flows past patches of rain forestis usually navigable all year long. Manuel Antonio, 60601.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's