- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Snorkeling and Diving
The islands that dot the sea in front of Manuel Antonio are surrounded by volcanic rock reefs with small coral formations and attract schools of snapper, jacks, barracudas, rays, sea turtles, moray eels, and other marine life.
Oceans Unlimited. Costs of all-day diving excursion to Caño Island ($165), local dives (from $98), PADI certification courses, and snorkeling tours include rental equipment. at Hotel Plinio, Manuel Antonio. 2777-3171; 407/385-6598 in U.S. www.oceansunlimitedcr.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste