- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Snorkeling and Diving
The islands that dot the sea in front of Manuel Antonio are surrounded by volcanic rock reefs with small coral formations and attract schools of snapper, jacks, barracudas, rays, sea turtles, moray eels, and other marine life.
Oceans Unlimited. Costs of all-day diving excursion to Caño Island ($165), local dives (from $98), PADI certification courses, and snorkeling tours include rental equipment. at Hotel Plinio, Manuel Antonio. 2777–3171; 407/385–6598 in U.S. www.oceansunlimitedcr.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe