- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Brisas del Nara. Brisas del Nara takes riders of all ages and levels through the protected Cerro Nara mountain zone, 32 km (20 mi) from Manuel Antonio, and ends with a swim in a natural pool at the foot of a 107-meter (350-foot) waterfall. Full-day tours ($70) include three hours on horseback, with breakfast and lunch included; the ride on the half-day tour ($65) lasts two hours. Manuel Antonio, 60601. 2779–1235. www.horsebacktour.com.
Finca Valmy Tours. Six-hour horseback tours take you through the forested mountains above Villa Nueva, east of Manuel Antonio ($70). Lunch and swimming in a pool below a small waterfall on their property are included. Villanueva, Manuel Antonio. 2779–1118. www.valmytours.com.
Rancho Savegre. Beach riding is the specialty. Trips set out from a cattle ranch about 15 minutes south of Manuel Antonio and include a stop at a waterfall for swimming or trail walking. The morning tour (7:30) kicks off with breakfast; the afternoon tour (1:30) finishes up with dinner. Esterillos Este, Puntarenas. 8834–8687. www.ranchosavegre.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe