- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Calypso Cruises Island Tours. These pioneered excursions in the Gulf of Nicoya take you to Isla Tortuga from San José, Manuel Antonio, or anywhere in between with bus and boat transportation included ($139). A typical itinerary includes a Tico breakfast en route to the port, snorkeling, banana boat rides, and five hours on the island, with a first-class lunch served with chilled white wine. Isla Tortuga. 2256–2727; 800/887–1969 in North America. www.calypsocruises.com.
Turismo Curú. Turismo Curú arranges year-round kayak excursions to Isla Tortuga for $25 (minimum 2), including entrance fee to the island. Snorkeling equipment is available for an additional fee. Main road, across from Esso station, Isla Tortuga, 60105. 2641–0004. www.curutourism.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's