- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Calypso Cruises Island Tours. These pioneered excursions in the Gulf of Nicoya take you to Isla Tortuga from San José, Manuel Antonio, or anywhere in between with bus and boat transportation included ($139). A typical itinerary includes a Tico breakfast en route to the port, snorkeling, banana boat rides, and five hours on the island, with a first-class lunch served with chilled white wine. Isla Tortuga. 2256-2727; 800/887-1969 in North America. www.calypsocruises.com.
Turismo Curú. Turismo Curú arranges year-round kayak excursions to Isla Tortuga for $25 (minimum 2), including entrance fee to the island. Snorkeling equipment is available for an additional fee. Main road, across from Esso station, Isla Tortuga, 60105. 2641-0004. www.curutourism.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Costa Rica: San Jose Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off Aloft San Jose, Costa Rica
- $99 -- Costa Rica All-Inclusive Beach Hotel, Save 55% Riu Hotels & Resorts
- $933 & up -- Costa Rica: 7 Nts. w/Hotel, Car Rental & Air LatinEscapes.com
- $999 -- Panama Canal 14-Night Cruise, $200 Off Norwegian Cruise Line