Getting Here in Atenas
Atenas lies about one hour west on the route between San José and beaches such as Herradura, Jacó, and Manuel Antonio. Take the Pan-American Highway past the airport and turn right at the overpass with the signs for beach resorts and Zoo Ave. Turn left from the exit and stay on the main road. Alternately, Atenas has its own exit on the new Highway 27 that connects San José to Caldera. Buses to Atenas leave hourly throughout the day from the Coca-Cola terminal in San José and arrive near the center of town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's