- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Moín is a quick taxi ride from the center of Limón. You'll probably be able to negotiate a waterway and national-park tour with a local guide, and if you call in advance, you can arrange a tour with the man considered the best guide on the Caribbean coast:
Modesto Watson. Local indigenous Miskito guide Modesto Watson is legendary for his bird- and animal-spotting skills as well as for his howler-monkey imitations. The family's Riverboat Francesca can take you up the canals for two-day–one-night excursions to Tortuguero for $200 to $220 per person, depending on the lodge used. 2226–0986; 810/433–1410 in North America. www.tortuguerocanals.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's