- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cahuita is small enough that its tour operators don't focus simply on the town and nearby national park, but instead line up excursions around the region, even as far away as the Tortuguero canals to the north and Bocas del Toro, Panama, to the south.
Cahuita Tours. This is the town's largest and most established tour operator. The folks here can set you up with any of a variety of adventures, including river rafting, kayaking, and visiting indigenous reserves (for a glimpse into traditional life). They can also reconfirm flights and make lodging reservations. Cahuita Tours also rents bikes for tooling around town. We recommend them over their competitors. Main street, 180 m north of Coco's, Cahuita, 70403. 2755–0000. www.cahuitatours.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe