- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Siquirres's proximity to the put-in sites of several classic rafting excursions makes it an ideal place to begin a trip.
Ríos Tropicales. Old standby Ríos Tropicales has tours on a Class III to IV section of the Pacuare River between Siquirres and San Martín, as well as the equally difficult section between Tres Equis and Siquirres. Not quite so wild, but still with Class III rapids, is the nearby Florida section of the Reventazón. Day excursions normally begin in San José, but if you're out in this part of the country, you can kick off your excursion here at the company's operations center in Siquirres. On the hwy. in Siquirres, Siquirres, 70301. 2233–6455; 866/722–8273 in North America. www.riostropicales.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's