- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Restaurant Tamara Review
Once upon a time, this unpretentious two-story place was the only restaurant in town. The Caribbean food is tasty and authentic: you can't lose with the chicken in Caribbean sauce or virtually any of the fresh fish dishes. In the nondescript indoor seating area you're cooled by a fan and entertained by TV; the outdoor seating area has a palpable Jamaican motif and is a great place for people watching.
- Address: Across from ATEC, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, 70403
- Phone: 2750–0148
- Location: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- No credit cards.
- Closed Tues. May–Nov.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Diving amongst a vast school of hammerhead sharks in the Cocos Island of Costa Rica is accessible to experienced scuba divers or to the general traveller aboard a dive submersible. Read more
Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. Read more
I am having a difficult time deciding on an itinerary for our 8 days in costa rica. Read more
· News & Features
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism. ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Costa Rica's main draws are firmly rooted in its landscapes—rainforests, beaches, mountains, and... Read more