- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Restaurant Tamara Review
Once upon a time, this unpretentious two-story place was the only restaurant in town. The Caribbean food is tasty and authentic: you can't lose with the chicken in Caribbean sauce or virtually any of the fresh fish dishes. In the nondescript indoor seating area you're cooled by a fan and entertained by TV; the outdoor seating area has a palpable Jamaican motif and is a great place for people watching.
- Address: Across from ATEC, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, 70403
- Phone: 2750–0148
- Location: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- No credit cards.
- Closed Tues. May–Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We returned a couple of weeks ago from a wonderful family trip to Costa Rica and Panama. Read more
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
I'm 28, female and live in the UK. Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more