An old standby at Punta Uva, Selvin's keeps limited, sometimes irregular, hours, especially in the off-season, so head out here if you're fortunate enough to be in town when it's open. (Always call ahead.) The owner, known to everyone in town as "Blanca," cooks up a menu of rondón, rice and beans, lobster, shrimp, and chicken with sweet mole sauce.
- Address: 7 km (4½ miles) southeast of town at Punta Uva, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, 70403
- Phone: /2750–0664
- Location: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Closed Mon.–Wed.; may be closed other days May–June and Sept.–Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's