- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- good value
- cable TV
- far from sights
- bungalows are dark inside
Bungalows Malú Review
This is one of the rare places with air-conditioning on the coast, but it really doesn't need it: the octagonal stone-and-wood bungalows spread out on the grounds here get plenty of cool breezes from the beach across the road. Each unit has shuttered screened windows, hardwood floors, and a private porch with a hammock. Most contain cable TV as well, also a rarity in Cahuita.
- Address: Playa Negra road, 2 km (1 mile) north of Cahuita, Cahuita, 70403
- Phone: 2755–0114
- Location: Cahuita
- 9 bungalows.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Diving amongst a vast school of hammerhead sharks in the Cocos Island of Costa Rica is accessible to experienced scuba divers or to the general traveller aboard a dive submersible. Read more
Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. Read more
I am having a difficult time deciding on an itinerary for our 8 days in costa rica. Read more
· News & Features
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism. ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Costa Rica's main draws are firmly rooted in its landscapes—rainforests, beaches, mountains, and... Read more