- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Cabinas Something Different
At a Glance
- good budget value
- television unusual in a remote locale
- small, spartan rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Cabinas Something Different Review
On a quiet street, these shiny, spic-and-span motel-style cabinas are a good budget option in the village of Manzanillo. Each bright tile-floor unit comes with a TV—quite a rarity in these parts—a table, and a small porch. It's basic, but it'll do if you're not too fussy. Several sleep up to four people.
- Address: 180 m south of Aquamor, Manzanillo, 70403
- Phone: 2759–9014
- Location: Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge
- 17 cabins.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Per this article from the LA Times/ when I visited CR I heard from expat friends who live there, that they vacation in Nicaragua!
http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-nicaragua-20140309,0,5493507,full.story Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more