Caribbean Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to the Caribbean Coast
Dolphin-watching: Bottlenose, tucuxi, and Atlantic spotted dolphins ply the southern Caribbean coast.
Food and flavors: Leave gallo pinto (rice and beans) behind in favor of mouthwatering rondón (meat or fish stew), or caribeno (Caribbean) rice and beans, stewed in coconut milk.
Music: Mix reggae and calypso with your salsa. Rhythms waft in from the far-off Caribbean islands; and homegrown musicians are making names for themselves, too.
Sportfishing: World-class tarpon and snook attract serious anglers to the shores off Barra del Colorado and Tortuguero national parks.
Turtles: People from around the world flock to the northern Caribbean for the annual nesting of four species.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's