- Dolphin-watching Bottlenose, tucuxi, and Atlantic spotted dolphins ply the southern Caribbean coast.
- Food and flavors Leave gallo pinto (rice and beans) behind in favor of mouthwatering rondón (meat or fish stew) or caribeño (Caribbean) rice and beans, stewed in coconut milk.
- Music Mix reggae and calypso with your salsa. Rhythms waft in from the far-off Caribbean islands; and homegrown musicians are making names for themselves, too.
- Sportfishing World-class tarpon and snook attract serious anglers to the shores off Tortuguero National Park.
- Turtles People from around the world flock to the northern Caribbean for the annual nesting of four species.
THE GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Eager to explore the U.S.? Our trip finder will help you find the perfect destination.More