- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Placencia has a small medical clinic with a physician and nurse. Seine Bight, Hopkins, and Independence also have medical clinics. For more serious medical attention you should go to the Southern Regional Hospital in Dangriga or one of the hospitals in Belize City. The Belize Emergency Response Team, based in Belize City, provides ambulance and air transport all over the country. Wallen’s Market has a small pharmacy. Dial 911 in case of emergency.
Belize Emergency Response Team (1675 Sunrise Ave., Coral Grove Area, Belize City. 223/3292 or 610/3890. www.bertbelize.org.)
Placencia Medical Clinic (In center of village, near primary school, Placencia. 523/3326.)
Southern Regional Hospital (Stann Creek District Hwy., Dangriga. 522/2078. www.shr.health.gov.bz.)
Wallen's Market and Pharmacy (Main Rd., Placencia. 523/3128.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's