- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
If you need a ride to the airport in Dangriga, have your hotel call a taxi. The fare from downtown Dangriga to the airstrip at the town's north end is about BZ$6–BZ$8. From Dangriga to Hopkins the fare is around BZ$100–BZ$120. Taxis are expensive in Placencia, given the relatively short distances involved and the fact that the road is now paved. Fares within Placencia village are BZ$6 for one or two persons and BZ$6 each for three or more. From the village to the airstrip the fare is BZ$12 for one or two persons, and BZ$6 each for three or more. It’s BZ$22 for one or two persons between Placencia village and Seine Bight, and BZ$8 each for three or more. Between Placencia village and the north end of the peninsula, where The Placencia condotel is, it’s BZ$50 one-way for one to three persons and BZ$15 per person for four or more, and BZ$40 one-way between Placencia village and Maya Beach for one to three persons and BZ$15 per person for four or more. Your hotel can arrange a taxi for you, or call Radiance Ritchie.
Radiance Ritchie (Placencia Rd., Placencia. 523/3321.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's