- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
You'll arrive fresher if you fly. From Belize City (both international and municipal airports) there are frequent flights to Dangriga and Placencia on Maya Island Air and Tropic Air. There are more than 20 flights daily between Belize City and Placencia, and more than a dozen to Dangriga. You'll generally fly in small turbine or prop aircraft, such as the 13-passenger Cessna Caravan C208. Fares to Placencia are BZ$180– BZ$197 one-way from the Belize City municipal airport, BZ$213–BZ$233 from the international airport; to Dangriga, fares are BZ$91–BZ$106 from municipal, BZ$144–BZ$160 from international.
Maya Island Air (Placencia airstrip, Placencia. 523/3443 in Placencia; 223/1140 in Belize City. www.mayaislandair.com.)
Tropic Air (Placencia airstrip, Placencia. 523/3410 in Placencia; 226/2012 in Belize City; 800/422-3435 in the U.S. www.tropicair.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's