- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Placencia office of the Belize Tourism Industry Association is in a new location on the main road near Tutti-Frutti and Rumfish y Vino. The BTIA publishes the Placencia Breeze, an informative monthly newspaper, and has a very helpful Web site listing all accommodations, restaurants, and bars, www.placencia.com. Another extremely helpful site on Placencia is put together by local resident Mary Toy, www.destinationsbelize.com. Hopkins has several interesting Web sites put together by local residents, including www.hopkinsbelize.com and www.cometohopkins.com.
Belize Tourism Industry Association. The Belize Tourism Industry Association (BTIA) office, also known as the Placencia Tourism Center, in Placencia village offers friendly and helpful information about lodging, tours, transportation, restaurants and other visitor information. In 2013, the office moved to a new location behind Re/Max Property Center on Main Street. The BTIA publishes the informative monthly tabloid newspaper, Placencia Breeze, which is also available online on the Placencia BTIA's website. Main St., Behind Re/Max Property Center, Placencia. 523/4045. www.placencia.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe