- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
There are three banks in Placencia. Atlantic Bank has an office on the road just north of Placencia Village, as well as a second ATM in Placencia Village, and ScotiaBank is also in the village. Belize Bank has an office at Placencia Point. All three banks have ATMs that accept foreign-issued cards.
Belize Bank in Dangriga accepts foreign-issued ATM cards on the PLUS, CIRRUS, and Visa Electron networks. First Caribbean International Bank in Dangriga has an ATM that accepts foreign cards on the Visa Electron network. There are no banks in Hopkins.
Atlantic Bank. Atlantic Bank also has a stand-alone ATM on the Main Street in Placencia village, next to Placencia Office Supplies. Atlantic Bank, Main St., Placencia. 523/3431. www.atlabank.com.
First Caribbean International Bank (1 Commerce St., Dangriga. 522/2015. www.cibcfcib.com.)
ScotiaBank (Main St., Placencia. 523/3277. www.scotiabank.com/bz.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe