- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
You'll arrive fresher if you fly. From Belize City (both international and municipal airports) there are frequent flights to Dangriga and Placencia on Maya Island Air and Tropic Air. There are more than 20 flights daily between Belize City and Placencia, and more than a dozen to Dangriga. You'll generally fly in small turbine or prop aircraft, such as the 13-passenger Cessna Caravan C208. Fares to Placencia are BZ$159 one-way from the Belize City municipal airport, BZ$189 from the international airport; to Dangriga, fares are BZ$83 from the municipal airport, BZ$126 from the international airport.
Maya Island Air (Placencia airstrip, Placencia. 523/3475 in Placencia; 223/1140 in Belize City. www.mayaregional.com.)
Tropic Air (Placencia airstrip, Placencia. 523/3410 in Placencia; 226/2012 in Belize City; 800/422-3435 in the U.S. www.tropicair.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe