Shopping in The Southern Coast
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Southern Coast Shopping
Dangriga has some interesting, offbeat shopping, notably for Garífuna arts and crafts. Collectors may want to spend a day looking for items that are rarely available outside Belize and in some cases may not be available elsewhere in Belize. Austin Rodriquez sells his handmade drums here. Noted Garífuna artist Pen Cayetano has a studio and gallery. Garífuna cultural expert Frank Swaso has a gallery selling local drums, dolls, masks, and wood carvings.
Browse The Southern Coast Shopping
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's