- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Galley Review
One of Placencia's oldest restaurants is making a comeback under new management (though the manager is part of the original family of owners). Located in an old building behind the football (soccer) pitch in Placencia village—the local team, the Placencia Assassins, play here—The Galley serves seafood such as fried shrimp and garlic conch, along with pizza and other dishes. It's one of a few places in the area where you can still get a seaweed shake, which is, well, an acquired taste.
- Address: Behind soccer field Placencia Village
- Phone: 523/3133
- Location: Placencia Peninsula
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more