- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mama Noots Eco Resort
At a Glance
- hard-to-beat location in national park
- lots of wildlife and birds
- on-site zip line
- you may need lots of bug spray
- park admission fee not waived for guests
Check Rates from our Partners
Mama Noots Eco Resort Review
Being environmentally conscious doesn't have to come at the expense of comfort or adventure at this newly reopened lodge in Mayflower Bocawina National Park, with renovated rooms and its own zip line. A combination solar, wind, and hydro system generates the lodge's electricity. The lodge's zip line, newly built, is claimed to be the longest in Belize. Renovated rooms in thatch casitas, standard rooms in an older lodge building, and a new concrete lodge built in 2013 with luxury rooms, have views of surrounding bush and the rugged Maya Mountains. Nearby are the Mayflower archaeological sites and miles of jungle trails and waterfalls. The lodge offers a variety of tours. (To get to the lodge, which is within the national park, you have to pay park admission of BZ$10 per person.)
- Address: Mayflower Bocawina National Park, near Mayflower archaeological site, 5 miles (8 km) off Mile 6, Southern Hwy. Dangriga
- Phone: 670/8019
- Website: www.mamanootsbelize.com
- Location: Dangriga
- 6 standard rooms, 3 casita rooms, 4 deluxe rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
After wanting to go to Belize for a few years now, we are finally going at the beginning of February! Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack?... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more