- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mama Noots Eco Resort
At a Glance
- hard-to-beat location in national park
- lots of wildlife and birds
- on-site zip line
- you may need lots of bug spray
- park admission fee not waived for guests
Mama Noots Eco Resort Review
Being environmentally conscious doesn't have to come at the expense of comfort or adventure at this newly reopened lodge in Mayflower Bocawina National Park, with renovated rooms and its own zip line. A combination solar, wind, and hydro system generates the lodge's electricity. The lodge's zip line, newly built, is claimed to be the longest in Belize. Renovated rooms in thatch casitas, standard rooms in an older lodge building, and a new concrete lodge built in 2013 with luxury rooms, have views of surrounding bush and the rugged Maya Mountains. Nearby are the Mayflower archaeological sites and miles of jungle trails and waterfalls. The lodge offers a variety of tours. (To get to the lodge, which is within the national park, you have to pay park admission of BZ$10 per person.)
- Address: Mayflower Bocawina National Park, near Mayflower archaeological site, 5 miles (8 km) off Mile 6, Southern Hwy. Dangriga
- Phone: 670/8019
- Website: www.mamanootsbelize.com
- Location: Dangriga
- 6 standard rooms, 3 casita rooms, 4 deluxe rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Thank you to everybody who responded to my previous post about Belize. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more