- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Cute cottages by the sea
- near many restaurants and bars
- Rooms are small
- some cottages need refurbishing
- beach sand nearby is coarse
- no parking nearby
Check Rates from our Partners
If you're yearning for a cottage right on the beach but don't want to spend a lot of money, then this little cottage colony is for you. Nine cabins, painted in Caribbean pastels, are small but pleasant, though several are well-worn. They have one of the best spots in the village, about 40 feet from the sea at the peninsula's south point. Two of the cabins are "deluxe," with king beds and fully equipped kitchens.
- Address: South Point, Placencia Village
- Phone: 523/3122
- Location: Placencia Peninsula
- 9 cabins.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more