- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- What a beachcomber looks for
- friendly and secure
- Not for the luxury-minded
Check Rates from our Partners
A favorite with anglers and beachcombers, this is a dependable, no-frills spot to rest your head. The rooms are plain but spotlessly clean, and owners George and Lisa Westby are helpful and have a wealth of Placencia stories to share. All rooms have a balcony, patio, or terrace with at least a partial view of the sea. Air-conditioning is available in all rooms, but there's an extra charge if you use it. Two-day minimum booking.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more