- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Beautiful grounds
- luxurious condos
- lovely stretch of beach
- every comfort and convenience at hand
- Expensive, but worth it
Check Rates from our Partners
Chabil Mar Review
Chabil Mar means "beautiful sea" in Ket'chi Mayan, and the sea and almost 400 feet of beach are indeed gorgeous at this gated luxury condo resort. The villas are tastefully designed and luxuriously furnished. Although each one is different, they're all upscale, with features such as marble floors, original art, and four-poster king beds. There's a great attention to detail here, from topiary figures created from shrubbery to daily scrubbing of the two swimming pools to superb service from the staff. You can now take any or all of your meals at Chabil Mar—on your veranda, in your suite, by the pool, or (with reservations) on the romantically lighted pier. If you'd rather sample local restaurants and bars, it's a moderate walk or a short taxi, bike, or golf cart ride into Placencia village. Chabil Mar offers a large portfolio of dive, snorkeling, fishing, and soft adventure tours.
- Address: Main road north of Placencia Village, 2284 Placencia Rd., Placencia
- Phone: 523/3606; 866/417-2377 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.chabilmarvillas.com
- Location: Placencia Peninsula
- 19 villas.
- Rate includes some meals, no meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
Driving in July2014 to Belize, with our granddaughter, dog and slide on Camper. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more