- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Beautiful grounds
- luxurious condos
- lovely stretch of beach
- every comfort and convenience at hand
- Expensive, but worth it
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Chabil Mar Review
Chabil Mar means "beautiful sea" in Ket'chi Mayan, and the sea and almost 400 feet of beach are indeed gorgeous at this gated luxury condo resort. The villas are tastefully designed and luxuriously furnished. Although each one is different, they're all upscale, with features such as marble floors, original art, and four-poster king beds. There's a great attention to detail here, from topiary figures created from shrubbery to daily scrubbing of the two swimming pools to superb service from the staff. You can now take any or all of your meals at Chabil Mar—on your veranda, in your suite, by the pool, or (with reservations) on the romantically lighted pier. If you'd rather sample local restaurants and bars, it's a moderate walk or a short taxi, bike, or golf cart ride into Placencia village. Chabil Mar offers a large portfolio of dive, snorkeling, fishing, and soft adventure tours.
- Address: Main road north of Placencia Village, 2284 Placencia Rd., Placencia
- Phone: 523/3606; 866/417-2377 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.chabilmarvillas.com
- Location: Placencia Peninsula
- 19 villas.
- Rate includes some meals, no meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Thank you to everybody who responded to my previous post about Belize. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more