- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Beautiful beach
- huge pool
- attractive condos
- Meal plans are pricey
- rarely many guests
- expensive cab ride to Placencia village
- high-rise condos and McMansions out of character with rest of peninsula
The Placencia Review
Transplant an upscale, gated Florida condo community to Belize, and you might end up with something like The Placencia, with tennis courts, an upscale restaurant, and the nation's largest swimming pool. There's a sandy, 1,000-foot beach with a dock that goes out some 200 feet. At this writing a golf course and marina are said to be planned. There are even plans for an international airport and a casino, but plans have been afoot for years with little completed. The Placencia hotel suites and villas have whirlpool baths and tile floors. The Capriccio restaurant serves Italian and some Belizean dishes, and there are two other small open-air restaurants. It's all very nice, but in multiple visits and stays over the years, we've rarely seen more than a few guests here. However, if you like it and don't want to leave, you can buy a condo here.
- Address: Northern end of Placencia peninsula, Placencia | Map It
- Phone: 533/4117; 800/810–8567 In U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.theplacencia.com
- Location: Northern Peninsula and Maya Beach
- 92 condo apartments.
- Rate includes no meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Thank you to everybody who responded to my previous post about Belize. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more