- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Beautiful beach
- huge pool
- attractive condos
- Meal plans are pricey
- rarely many guests
- expensive cab ride to Placencia village
- high-rise condos and McMansions out of character with rest of peninsula
Check Rates from our Partners
The Placencia Review
Transplant an upscale, gated Florida condo community to Belize, and you might end up with something like The Placencia, with tennis courts, an upscale restaurant, and the nation's largest swimming pool. There's a sandy, 1,000-foot beach with a dock that goes out some 200 feet. At this writing a golf course and marina are said to be planned. There are even plans for an international airport and a casino, but plans have been afoot for years with little completed. The Placencia hotel suites and villas have whirlpool baths and tile floors. The Capriccio restaurant serves Italian and some Belizean dishes, and there are two other small open-air restaurants. It's all very nice, but in multiple visits and stays over the years, we've rarely seen more than a few guests here. However, if you like it and don't want to leave, you can buy a condo here.
- Address: Northern end of Placencia peninsula, Placencia | Map It
- Phone: 533/4117; 800/810–8567 In U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.theplacencia.com
- Location: Northern Peninsula and Maya Beach
- 92 condo apartments.
- Rate includes no meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more