- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The turnoff to Hopkins from the Southern Highway is 10 miles (16 km) south of the junction of the Hummingbird and Southern highways. The Hopkins Road is rutted and potholed. Plans have been announced to redo and pave the Hopkins Road, with completion by late 2014. A longer, but less potholed, route to Hopkins is via the Sittee River Road, 2½ miles (4 km) farther south on the Southern Highway. Buses on the Southern Highway will drop you at the entrance road to Hopkins, and a few stop in Hopkins itself. Hopkins has no air service. You can fly to Dangriga and take a taxi to Hopkins (about BZ$100–BZ$120), if your hotel doesn't provide a shuttle.
James Bus Line (7 King St., Punta Gorda. 722/2049 or 664/2185.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's