- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hopkins is an intriguing Garífuna coastal village of about 1,500 people, halfway between Dangriga and Placencia. Garífuna culture is more accessible here than in Dangriga. Hopkins has the same toast-color beaches as those in Placencia, and a number of new resorts have opened to take advantage of them. Americans, Canadians, and Europeans are snapping up beachfront land here at prices a bit lower than in Placencia or on Ambergris Caye, but so far only a few vacation homes and condos have been built. If there's a downside to the area, it's the biting sand flies, which can be vicious at times.
Hopkins Village at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's