- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Maya Island Air and Tropic Air fly south to Punta Gorda from both the municipal (BZ$231–BZ$260 one-way) and international (BZ$276–BZ$306 one-way) airports in Belize City, typically with stops at Dangriga and Placencia. Depending on stops, flights take from 1 to 1½ hours. There are four or five flights daily to PG on each airline. The Punta Gorda airstrip is on the town's west side; from the town’s main square, walk four blocks west on Prince Street.
Maya Island Air (Punta Gorda Airstrip, Punta Gorda. 722/2856 in PG; 233/1140 in Belize City. www.mayaislandair.com.)
Tropic Air (Punta Gorda Airstrip, Prince St., Punta Gorda. 722/2008 in PG; 226/2012 in San Pedro (main office); 800/422-3435 in U.S. www.tropicair.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's